IIIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23: Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur (IIITN) is an “Institution of National Importance”, has announced PhD Admission for July session 2022. last date to apply 3rd June 2022.
IIIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23: Important Dates
- Advertisement and availability of application forms – 20th May 2022
- Last date for submission of completed application forms – 3rd June 2022 (Online) and 7th June 2022 (Hard Copy)
- Display of list of eligible candidates called for Entrance Test – 9th June 2022
- Entrance Test (for all categories) and display of list of candidates qualified for interview – 15th June 2022
- Offline Personal Interview (for all categories) – 16th & 17th June 2022
- Declaration of Results – 23rd June 2022
- Payment of PhD fees on or before – 27th June 2022
- Registration – 27th to 30th June 2022
- Semester Begins – 1st July 2022
IIIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23: Application Fee
- For General/OBC-NCL Candidates/EWS – Rs.1180/-
- For SC/ST/PwD Candidates – Rs.590/-
IIIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23: Categories of PhD Scheme
- Industry Candidates
- Extern Candidate from Industry (EX-I)
- Intern Sponsored Candidate from Industry (IN-IS)
- Academic Institution(s) Candidates
- Extern Self financed candidates from Academic Institutions (Ex-A)
- Intern Sponsored Candidate from Academic Institutions (IN-AS)
- Other Candidates
- Intern Self Sponsored Candidates (IN-U)
- Intern externally funded or sponsored or Project Staff Candidates (IN-ES)
IIIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23: Departments and Research Areas
Computer Science & Engineering
All areas in Computer Science & Engineering like Operating Systems, Databases, Computer Networking, Compilers, Computer Graphics, Software Engineering, Image Processing and Computer Vision, Big Data, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computational Biology, Internet of Things, Information Security, RTOS and Embedded System.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
All areas in Electronics and Communication Engineering like Communication, Wireless or RF Communications, Microwave Engineering, Antennas, 5G, LTE, MIMO Technologies, Microprocessors and Embedded Systems, Image and Video Signal Processing, Computer Vision, Instrumentation, Opto- electronics, VLSI Design, Internet of Things, Automotive Electronics, Mechatronics, Embedded System Design, Wireless Sensor Network, Cognitive Radio, LI-FI, and another Advanced topics of Electronics and Communication Engineering along with Solid Mechanics, Vibration, Robotics, Analytical Modeling.
IIIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23: Eligibility Criteria
Candidate from Industry (Ex-I) (IN-IS)
Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology with Bachelor’s in Engineering / Technology with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC / ST / PwD) / CPI or CGPA greater that 6.75 (6 for SC / ST / PwD) on a 10 point scale.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology with First Class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC / ST / PwD) / CPI or CGPA greater that 6.75 (6 for SC/ST/PwD) on a 10 point scale.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in CSE/ECE/IT and allied fields.
Desirable: A valid GATE score is desired.
Academic Institution(s) Candidate (Ex-A) (IN-AS)
Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology with Bachelor’s in Engineering / Technology in ECE/CSE and allied disciplines with First Class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD) / CPI or CGPA greater that 6.75 (6 for SC/ST/PwD) on a 10 point scale.
Desirable: A valid GATE Score.
Other Candidates (IN-U) (IN-ES)
Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology with Bachelor’s in Engineering / Technology in ECE/CSE/MECH/INDUSTRIAL and Allied Disciplines with First Class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD) / CPI or CGPA greater that 6.75 (6 for SC/ST/PwD) on a 10 point scale.
Desirable: A valid GATE Score.
- The applications are to be filled in online mode with all relevant documents attached and a separate hard copy of the same application filled Online must be sent by post along with documents. To avail the online form Gmail account is essential.
Link for Online Prescribed Application Form: https://tinyurl.com/PhD-Admission-2022
- Applicants are advised to note that they have to submit online application as well as send the hard copy to the Institute. The hard copy of the application received at the Institute shall be considered for processing.
- All applications which are not in prescribed form / without relevant supporting enclosures / received after the last date / without application fees will be out rightly rejected. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard. Interim Correspondence will also not be entertained or replied to.
- Institute will not be responsible under any circumstances for any sort of postal delay/loss of the application form.
- The last date for submission of application is 03/06/2022 up to 13:00 Hrs. The hard copy must reach the Institute by 7th June 2022 (17.00 Hrs).
- The duly completed Application Form along with fees & enclosures (Self Attested Photocopies of all the listed documents) are also required to be sent by Speed Post / Registered Post / Courier / Hand Delivery to:
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur
S.No. 140,141/1 Behind Br. Sheshrao Wankhade Shetkari Sahkari Soot Girni,
Village – Waranga, PO – Dongargaon (Butibori), District – Nagpur – 441108 (MS)
Ph No: 9405215010 (In Working Hours Only)
Any corrigendum/changes/updates shall be made available only on the Institute’s Website viz.
www.iiitn.ac.in. The candidates are advised to keep on watching the Institute’s Website for any
information / updates on the PhD Admission Process.
The PhD Admissions shall be on the basis of Entrance Test and Interview. The procedure shall be as follows:
Stage 1: Entrance Test – Eligible candidates are required to appear physically at the Institute Permanent Campus for the Entrance Test to be held in the Computer Labs of the Institute.
Qualifying Score in the Test: The minimum qualifying score shall be a normalized score decided taking into account the number of candidates to be called for interview. But in no case it will be less than 40%. The normalization will be done by considering the top most score to be 100% and scaling the scores of other candidates accordingly.
Stage 2: Interview – Candidates qualifying the Entrance Test shall be eligible to appear for Personal Interview through Offline Mode.
Stage 3: Calculation of Combined Score – A Combined Score shall be calculated on the basis of score in Entrance Test, Score in Personal Interview and GATE Qualification as under:
- Total Marks – 100
- Weightage Distribution
- Entrance Test – 40
- Interview – 50
- GATE Qualification*- 10
- *Candidates with GATE Qualification shall be obtaining the allotted marks. The Final Merit List shall be prepared on the basis of Combined Score.