IIIT Naya Raipur PhD & MS Admission 2022-23:IIIT Naya Raipur invites applications for admission to the M.S. (R) and Ph.D. Programs in all disciplines of Engineering, Science, English, and Management. The goal of these programs at IIIT-NR is to prepare the scholars for becoming global academic, industrial and R&D leaders.
IIIT Naya Raipur PhD & MS Admission 2022-23:Important Dates and Application Fee
- Opening of Online Link for applications: 28th April, 2022
- Closure of online applications: 10th June, 2022
- Display of list of shortlisted candidates: 17th June, 2022
- Written test and Interviews: 1st July, 2022
- Announcement of results: 8th July, 2022
- Reporting at IIITNR: by 15th July, 2022
Application Fee – 500/-
IIIT Naya Raipur PhD & MS Admission 2022-23: Ph.D. Admission Categories
For all the following categories, all the applicants will be admitted only through the institute’s selection process:
- Institute Scholar
- Individual Fellowship
- Sponsored Category
- Project Staff
- Self Financed
- On Deputation:
- M.S. (R) Admission Category
IIIT Naya Raipur PhD & MS Admission 2022-23: Eligibility Criteria
The minimum educational qualification for admission is a Master’s degree with a consistently good academic record in relevant discipline.
The candidate should have first division or equivalent in both Bachelor and Master level degree.
All candidates seeking admission under Institute Scholar category shall have to possess requisite marks/grades in the qualifying examination given below:
Ph.D. (Engineering)- GATE/UGC-NET/CSIR-NET
Ph.D. (Science, Management)-GATE/UGC-NET/CSIR-NET/NBHM
Ph.D. (HSS)- UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET/GATE
NOTE: The Selection Committees may set higher criteria than the minimum qualifications listed above.
- Applicants under INDIVIDUAL FELLOWSHIP category should have qualified CSIR/ UGC/ DAE/ NBHM/ DST/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR or secured funding from such an agency. They are not entitled for Institute Assistantship.
- Applicants in Sponsored (Full-time) and Part-time categories must be a regular employee of the sponsoring organization with at least two year of professional experience in the respective field.
- Applicants in Part-time category should approach and interact with a faculty member of IIIT-NR specialized in his/her area of interest at least six months prior to applying for PhD admission. He/she needs to submit a recommendation letter from this faculty along with his/her application.
- Applicants in Self-financed and On-deputation categories should have at least two years of professional experience in the respective field. The applicant should have qualified a national level exam (NET/GATE/etc.).
M.S. (R) Program
The eligibility of a candidate is based on the highest academic qualification at the time of application, as given below:
(a) B.Tech./B.E. or equivalent degree in an appropriate discipline with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale),
(b) Master of Science or equivalent degree in an appropriate discipline with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale), and minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) in Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree, from a recognized University/Institution.
- Relaxation as per government norms for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Students with B.Tech. from IITs/NITs/IIITs with a CGPA greater than or equal to 8.0 will be admitted directly into M.S.(R) program without the need for interview provided they are already associated with a sponsored project/scheme of the Institute.
- The maximum age of a student shall preferably be below 35 years on the first of July of the Autumn semester.
IIIT Naya Raipur PhD & MS Admission 2022-23: Research Areas
Computer Science & Engineering: All fields of CSE discipline as mentioned below. One can refer to faculty profile for details.
Data Science (AI, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Deep Learning, Computer Vision); Networks (IoT, SDN, Wireless Networks); Security (Cryptography, Blockchain); Big Data; Theoretical Computer Science (Algorithms, Graph Theory, Compilers).
Electronics & Communication Engineering: All fields of ECS discipline as mentioned below. One can refer to faculty profile for details.
Communication (Wireless communication, 5G); RF & Microwave (Electromagnetic, Millimeter-wave technology, MIMO, Antenna); VLSI & Embedded System (VLSI Circuits and Systems, VLSI interconnects, Digital Power Management Circuits); Instrumentation & Signal Processing (Signal & Image Processing, IoT & Sensors, Control & Robotics).
Humanities: Cognition & Language, ELT, Indian writing in English, Women Studies, Film Studies, Psychoanalysis and Literature.
Physics: Non-linear Optics, Photonics, and all Optical Devices.
Mathematics: One can refer to faculty profile for details.
Biofluid mechanics, Biomathematics, Mathematical modeling, Coding theory, Cryptography and Machine Learning, Financial Mathematics, Numerical Methods.
Management: Marketing, Social Media, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, and Organizational Behavior
IIIT Naya Raipur PhD & MS Admission 2022-23: Application Process
- Please read the instructions given below before filling up the application form.
- All applications will be received through online portal of IIIT Naya Raipur only. An applicant has to register online by filling the required details. The login credentials will be provided to the applicant on an email used for registration.
- The applicant has to login with details received and complete the application by providing all the necessary information. Please note that the applicant has to upload the testimonials wherever it is required to validate the information along with photograph and signature.
- After completion of filling the application, the applicant will be directed to the payment gateway. Once the payment of Rs. 500/- (application fees) is done successfully, the applicant will be asked to confirm the final submission of the application.
- After the final submission, an acknowledgement of payment along with the copy of the application will be provided for future reference.
- The applicant has to carry the print out of this application along with all the attachments and their originals during the written test/interview.
- The applicant has to register separately (the same email id can be used) to apply for multiple disciplines and payment also to be made separately.
IIIT Naya Raipur PhD & MS Admission 2022-23: Instruction to Candidates
- Applicants should check the Institute website for results/important announcements/updates regularly.
- The institute shall communicate the list of shortlisted candidates through email only. Hence,
- Applicants should check their email provided in the application for all important communications and announcements.
- Candidates called for Written test/Interview should bring the following documents with them:
- Printout of the online application from
- Photo ID Card.
- One set photo copies of all the attachments
- Originals of certificates and mark sheets.
- M.Tech/ME Thesis / dissertation / report.
- Print out of two best publications representing his/her research background.
- Contact details of two referees
Official website link- https://www.iiitnr.ac.in/