IIIT Surat PhD Admission 2022-23:- Applications are invited from motivated and qualified candidates in India for admission to the PhD program starting in 2022-23 at IIIT-Surat in the following disciplines:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Applied Science (Physics)
- Applied Science (Mathematics)
Important Dates for IIIT Surat PhD Admission 2022-23
- Last date of submission for Online Application: 31st Dec 2022
- Intimation to shortlisted candidates for Test or Interview (website): 12th Jan 2023
- Date of written test and Interview (Offline Mode): 27th and 28th Jan 2023
- Announcement of List of Selected Candidates for Admission: 3rd Feb. 2023
Application Fee for IIIT Surat PhD Admission 2022-23
All candidates have to pay an application fee of ₹500/- however, SC, ST and persons with disabilities (PWD) with minimum 40% disability shall pay an application fee of ₹250/-.
Minimum Educational Qualifications or Eligibility for IIIT Surat PhD Admission 2022-23
|Regular Full time||With or without Institute fellowship or with project support With funding from outside agencies such as UGC, CSIR and industries Candidates sponsored under the Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) of AICTE|
|External||Should be employed and sponsored by an Industry/ Organization/ Institution having R&D facilities and recognized by DST and/or IIIT-Surat with at least 2 years of experience.|
|Part time||Should be employed in a reputed Institution/University/Organization within commutable distance, with at least 2 years of experience|
- For admission under regular category with or without fellowship and project category, the Departments will adopt common short-listing criteria and have a common merit list.
- A research scholar under the external category will normally carry out part or all his/ her research work in the industry/ organization/ national laboratory employing the scholar under the supervision of a co-guide employed in the same organization and a guide at IIIT-Surat.
- In general, external, and part-time scholars have a minimum residential requirement of one semester. Part- time scholars will be permitted to do course work without residential requirement, with the permission of their employer.
The minimum qualifications for each of these modes should be in relevant areas/disciplines prescribed by the Departments as mentioned in the admission notification released by the Institute. Short-listed candidates will be called for a test and interview by a Selection Committee. Candidates applying for Ph.D. in one of the following areas need to have any one of the minimum qualifications.
|Area of Research||Minimum Qualification Educational Qualification||Additional Qualifying Exam||Areas of specialization required|
|Ph.D in Engineering||ME/ M.Tech/MS by Research/5 year integrated Masters/Dual Degree in relevant Engineering/2 year M.Sc from IITs (entry through JAM) with CGPA 8.0 and above. BS+MS (5 year integrated) from CFTI||Nil|
|Ph.D. in Science||ME/ MTech/MS by Research/5 year integrated Masters/2 year M.Sc from IITs (entry through JAM) with CGPA 8.0 and above. BS+MS (5 year integrated) from CFTI||Nil||Physics: Condensed Matter Physics (Nanotechnology) Mathematics: Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Fuzzy Transforms, Category Theory.|
|Ph.D. in Science||M.Sc from any recognized Indian University /Institute in relevant subject||Valid GATE score/ UGC-NET fellowship/ CSIR-NET fellowship/ NBHM PhD scholarship or equivalent qualification tenable for the year of admission||Physics: Condensed Matter Physics (Nanotechnology) Mathematics: Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Fuzzy Transforms, Category Theory.|
- The Selection Committee may set more stringent criteria than the minimum qualifications listed above.
- For QIP/ External/ part-time registration categories, the requirement of valid GATE score or CSIR/ UGC – JRF or Lectureship/ NBHM or equivalent qualification may be waived.
Selection Procedure for IIIT Surat PhD Admission 2022-23
Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional criteria set by the departments from time-to-time will be called for an Interview and Test by the Selection Committee of the respective departments.
Candidates who have obtained PG degree 10 years earlier as on the last date for receipt of the completed application, has to appear for departmental test.
The applications of suitably qualified foreign nationals may be considered with an online interview.
Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and test, the Departmental Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairperson, Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission to the Ph.D. Programme.
Candidates whose selection is approved by the Chairman, Senate, will be admitted to the Ph.D. programme after payment of prescribed fees.
Institute reserves the right to re-register a candidate whose registration has been cancelled.
How to Apply for IIIT Surat PhD Admission 2022-23
- Fill the application form given along with this notification.
- Fill the Google form to upload the signed & scanned copy of your application along with necessary documents justifying your claims. All documents shall be self-attested before scanning. Scan the application along with other attested documents to get a single PDF file of size less than 10MB size.
- All candidates have to pay an application fee of ₹500/- however, SC, ST and persons with disabilities (PWD) with minimum 40% disability shall pay an application fee of ₹250/-. The fee shall be transferred through NEFT to the bank account given below:
- Account Number: 38303120074
- IFSC Code: SBIN0005149
- Owner of the Account: Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat
- Name of the Bank: State Bank of India
- Branch: Kamrej, Surat.
- UTR number and date of transaction shall be entered in the online Google form. Also, attach the bank payment receipt along with the application.
- Application fee is non-refundable, and no other mode of payment will be accepted.
- The applicant must typewrite Statement of purpose (SOP) in the space provided in the application (500 words max.)
|Our Official Telegram Channel||Join Us|
|Our Official Facebook Page||Join Us|
|Our Official Twitter Account||Join Us|
Official Website- http://www.iiitsurat.ac.in/
Fellowship: Fellowship will be provided to the scholars as per the Institute norms.