IIIT Trichy PhD Admission 2022-23: Indian Institute of Information Technology Tiruchirappalli (IIITT) is one among the 26 IIITs established under the non-profit Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Model by MHRD has released notification for PhD Admission July 2022. Apply before 31/05/2022.
IIIT Trichy PhD Admission 2022-23: Important Dates
- Start date of Online Application – 01/05/2022
- Last Date of filling up Online Application – 31/05/2022
- Scrutiny of the applications – 14/06/2022
- To publish the shortlisted candidates list for screening test – 15/06/2022
- Certificate verification and Written test – 06/07/2022
- Interview – 07/07/2022
- Provisionally selected candidates list – 08/07/2022
- Last date for fee payment – 22/07/2022
- Course registration – 27/07/2022
- Commencement of course work – 01/08/2022
IIIT Trichy PhD Admission 2022-23: Application Fee
A non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PH) has to be paid through SBI Collect and the reference number has to be mentioned in the online form.
Departments and Specialization
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Cloud Computing
- Medical Image Processing
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- VLSI Design
- Wireless Communication
- Micro & Nano Electronics
- Compact Modeling & Simulation
- Mechanical Engineering
- Additive Manufacturing
- Powder Metallurgy
- Smart Materials
- Energy storage materials
Science and Humanities Departments
- Optoelectronic Materials & Devices
- Fiber optics
- Semiconductor heterostructures
- Graphene based biosensors
- Fluid Dynamics
- Health Economics
- Development Economics
- Health Technology Assessment and Global issues in health
- Applied Linguistics
- English Language Teaching
Candidates will be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the Institute under one of the following modes:
Full Time: Regular full-time scholars without fellowship / JRF fellowship / Sponsored scholars being employees of Defense organization, Research & Development organization, a private industry /institution having MoU with IIIT Tiruchirappalli.
Part Time: Regular / Full-time teachers / employees working in Govt./ Govt. aided /Private Engineering/ Technology colleges or Science and Arts Colleges/ Universities / Industry / Public sector organizations are considered under this category. At the time of application, the candidate must submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the Parent College / Organization.
IIIT Trichy PhD Admission 2022-23: Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for Ph.D. in Engineering
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or a Master’s degree by Research (M.S. By Research) in Engineering/ Technology disciplines with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (or) CGPA of 6.5/10 in UG or PG for admission under OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0/10 for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with valid GATE Score with a minimum of 90% aggregate marks (or) CGPA of 9.5/10 in UG for admission under OC/OBC category and 85% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 9.0/10 in UG for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with 15 years of proven experience in reputed industries are eligible.
Criteria for Ph.D. in Science & Humanities (Mathematics/ Physics/ Economics / English)
- Candidates with First class Bachelor or First class Master degree in Sciences/Humanities in the relevant discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in UG or in PG for OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 in UG / PG for SC/ST candidates.
Selection Procedure for IIIT Trichy PhD Admission 2022-23
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional criteria set by the Institute from time to time will be called for an interview and/or test by the selection committees of the respective departments.
- The written test will be conducted tentatively on 06 July 2022 (11.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon).
- The syllabus for written test is given in the appendix I (from 7th Page onwards).
- Written test comprises of 50 multiple choice questions for 50 marks.
- The question paper pattern comprises of 20 marks from general skills (English and Mathematics) and 30 marks from Technical skills (Respective discipline).
- The candidates short listed based on the written test performance need to appear for a personal interview by the Departmental Research Committee comprising HOD and all eligible guides.
- During the interview, the candidates shall present their research area/concept.
IIIT Trichy PhD Admission 2022-23: How to Apply
- Candidates applying for Ph.D. programme can apply through the online portal available at www.iiitt.ac.in. A non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PH) has to be paid through SBI Collect and the reference number has to be mentioned in the online form.
- SBI collect link: https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm?corpID=807788
- If you are applying for more than one department / mode, submit a separate application for each department /mode.
- After Final Submit you cannot edit the application.
- The end date is May 31st, 2022 at 5:00 pm. Applicants are strongly advised to complete and submit their applications well ahead of the deadline. The Institute will not be responsible for any last-minute problems such as poor internet connectivity.
- Applications which are not duly filled in and not having supporting documents will be summarily REJECTED