IIITDM Kancheepuram PhD Admission 2022-23: Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing Kancheepuram (IIITDM)
is an Institute of National Importance, has open admission application to phd programme, apply before 5th June 2022.
IIITDM Kancheepuram PhD Admission 2022-23: Important Dates
|Portal open for submission of online application along with requisite fees||18th May 2022|
|Last Date for submission of online application with requisite fee||05th June 2022|
|Tentative dates of test/interview (for short listed candidates)||13th to 16th June 2022|
IIITDM Kancheepuram PhD Admission 2022-23: Application Fee
- For General / OBC (NCL) / EWS – INR 500/-
- For SC/ST/PWD/Female – INR 250/-
Departments Available for Admission in PhD Programme
- Biomedical Engineering & Biotechnology
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Interdisciplinary Product Design
Categories of Ph.D. Programme
Admission under Regular- HTRA Scheme (Full Time Program)
Admission is available under regular-HTRA scheme (Full time Program) and these scholars are eligible for the Half-time Teaching/Research Assistantship (HTRA) under the following regulations:
- The scholars need to do Teaching Assistanceship (TAship) for at least 8 hours per week.
- Renewal of assistantship for every subsequent semester will be contingent on enrolment, satisfactory progress in research work and good performance during the preceding semester.
- The scholars shall be eligible for HTRA of Rs.31000 per month during the first and second year and @Rs.35000 per month during 3rd to 5th year subject to fulfillment of external assessment at the end of second year.
Research scholars under the EXTERNAL CATEGORY
- The candidates employed and sponsored by the national laboratories, public sector companies or private industry/organization having R&D facilities and recognized by Govt. of India are eligible to apply under this category.
- Research scholar under this category will normally carry out part or all of his / her research work in his own organization under the supervision of a co-guide (if required) employed in the same organization and a guide from IIITDM Kancheepuram. The candidate must have at least two years of regular service.
- The candidates are required to submit Relief certificate, NOC & Sponsorship certificate at the time of admission.
- These candidates are to attend courses as advised by the DC during first year of their program.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Admission
Direct PhD (for applicants having UG degree)
Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. Programme as a regular full-time scholar subject to the following conditions:
- BE/B.Tech degree holder from CFTI (Centrally Funded Technical Institute) with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10 point scale / 80% marks or with a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from any other University should be among the top 10 rank holders in the University and having a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from a reputed R & D organization with excellent research record.
For applicants holding PG degree
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology (ME / M Tech/ M Des) or a Master of Science (MS) degree by Research in Engineering/Technology or 5 year integrated Masters with a good academic record.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences/Arts with a good academic record and of exceptional merit where eligible, for the relevant Engineering discipline and with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM/DAE-JEST or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
For candidates under External category
The minimum educational qualifications are the same as prescribed for Regular (full time) category.
Selection Procedure under Regular HTRA Scheme
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set by the institute from time to time will be called for test/ interview.
- Selection will be purely based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the test and/or interview.
- All rules and regulations as given in the PhD Ordinance and other guidelines issued by the institute from time to time are applicable to Scholars under HTRA Categories.
Selection Procedure for EXTERNAL Category
- External candidates are required to submit detailed research proposal along with their application indicating therein a Supervisor available for guidance in the parent Organization/Industry.
- The proposal should have been approved by the research Organization/Industry in which the candidate is employed.
- The Organization/Industry should be allowing the candidate to carry out the research where he/she is employed.
- The proposal will be scrutinized by the respective Dept. before shortlisting for interview.
- Candidate are required to attend interview conducted by the respective Department and their selection is purely based on their performance and research proposal.
- The Supervisor of the candidate in his Organization/Industry will be invited to be part of the interview panel.
- Selected candidates upon PhD Registration are permitted to register for 2 PG Level NPTEL courses as part of their course work and need to score minimum of 65 marks.
- All rules and regulations provided in the PhD Ordinance and other guidelines issued by the institute from time to time are applicable to Scholars under this Category.
Official website to apply – https://www.iiitdm.ac.in/