Get Alert On →
IIITDM Kancheepuram PhD Admission 2023-23, Notification, Dates, Eligibility
IIITDM Kancheepuram PhD Admission: Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram (IIITDM) is an Institute of National Importance under the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India, Invites online application for admission to PhD Programmes in Various department for academic year 2023-24 July session.
Categories for IIITDM Kancheepuram PhD Admission
HTRA (Regular Full Time Program with Institute Scholarship)
NHTRA ((Regular Full time Program without Institute Scholarship)
Project ((Regular Full Time Program with Support from Sponsored Project for Project Staff of the institute)
External ((Part Time Program without Institute Scholarship)
Professional with Extensive Experience (PEE)
Fellowship (Regular Full Time Scholars with Govt./Semi-Govt. Fellowship
List of Departments having PhD Seats
The Institute offers PhD programmes in the following disciplines:
Biomedical Engineering & Biotechnology
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Interdisciplinary Product Design
Common Minimum Eligibility Criteria for PhD Admission: (HTRA/NHTRA/PROJECT /External Category/Fellowship)
For candidates holding PG degree :
a) Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology (ME/MTech/M Des) or a Master of Science (MS) degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record.
b) Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit where eligible, for the relevant Engineering discipline and with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
Direct PhD (for candidates having UG degree):
Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to PhD Programme as a regular full time scholar subject to the following conditions:
- A BTech degree holder from CFTI (Centrally Funded Technical Institute) with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10 point scale or with a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from any other University should be among the top 10 rank holders in the University and having a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from a reputed R & D organization with excellent research record.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria for PhD Admission in Different Departments / Discipline
An applicant should possess the following minimum qualifications in appropriate areas to be eligible to apply for admission to the Ph.D. program of the Institute.
1) Computer Science and Engineering
Master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering/Computer Engineering / Information Technology. (Candidates with only MCA / M.Sc. / M.Phil. are not eligible)
2) Electronics and Communication Engineering (Including Electrical Engineering)
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering / Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Instrumentation Engineering or Master’s degree in Physics followed by a Master’s degree in Engineering in an area relevant to the research.
3) Mechanical Engineering
Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering / Thermal Engineering / Aerospace Engineering /Automobile Engineering / Energy Engineering /Industrial Engineering / Instrumentation / Maintenance Management /Metallurgical Engineering / Production/ Manufacturing Engineering/ Biomechanical Engineering/Mechatronics/ CAD/CAM/ CIM, Robotics and Automation and in related areas depending on the research topics.
Master’s Degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Computer Science with GATE/ UGC/ CSIR/ NBHM or M.Tech. (Industrial Mathematics & Scientific Computing) or any M.Tech degree with Master’s degree in Mathematics/Physics/Statistics/ Computer Science.
M.Sc. in Physics/Applied Physics/Mathematics/Material Science/Applied Optics/ Optoelectronics with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM or M.Tech. in Solid State Technology / Materials Science / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
6) Biomedical Engineering
- Master’s degree in any area of Engineering. Candidates with Master’s in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics/Telecommunications Engineering, Instrumentation
Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Physics are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree in any area of Science. Candidates with Master’s in any branch of Life Sciences, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics are particularly encouraged to apply. Master’s in Science must have qualified in GATE or any other national level examinations such as CSIR-JRF, UGC JRF, DBT-JRF, and ICMR-JRF.
- Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Sciences.
- Master’s degree in Veterinary Sciences.
7) Interdisciplinary Product Design
a) Master’s (ME /M.Tech. /M. Des. /M. Arch./MBA) or equivalent in any discipline
b) MS / M.Sc. or equivalent in any Science discipline with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM /DAE-JEST.
How to Apply
Important Dates: The Last date for Registration of application through on-line is 30 March 2023.
- GN/OBC-NC/EWS Male candidates: Rs.500/-
- GN/OBC-NC/EWS Female candidates/SC/ST and PwD/ Transgender candidates : Rs.250/-
Candidates are requested to apply online only and there is no requirement for submission of a hard copy of the application.
The candidates are advised to visit the institute website and the respective department portal for details (syllabus and/or other details) regarding written tests/other updates.
Official Website and Portal: https://iiitdm.ac.in/old/phd_2302/
|Our Official Telegram Channel||Join Us|
|Our Official Facebook Page||Join Us|
|Our Official Twitter Account||Join Us|
[…] IIITDM Kancheepuram PhD Admission 2023-23, Notification, Dates, Eligibility […]
Comments are closed.