Get Alert On →
IIITM Gwalior PhD Admission 2022-23, Notification, Dates, Eligibility
IIITM Gwalior phd admission 2022:- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior is an Institute of National Importance, Ministry of Education, Government of India, has opens applications for admission to Full-Time/Part-Time Ph.D. programme in the field of Engineering, Management, and Applied Sciences.
Important Dates for IIITM Gwalior PhD Admission 2022-23
|Online form fill begins||October 14, 2022 (Friday)|
|Last date of application submission||November 16, 2022 (Wednesday)|
|Online update about shortlisted candidates||November30, 2022 (Wednesday)|
|Interview||December 15, 2022 (Thursday)|
Application Fees for IIITM Gwalior PhD Admission 2022-23
Application fee of Rs 500 (For GEN/OBC/EWS) and Rs 250 (for SC/ST/PwD) should be deposited through online payment gateway available at the home page of the institute website.
For getting free update on social media follow our official Facebook and Twitter.
|Our Official Telegram Channel||Join Us|
|Our Official Facebook Page||Join Us|
|Our Official Twitter Account||Join Us|
Research areas in different disciplines
- Engineering: Microelectronics/VLSI/Embedded Systems, Computer Architecture, Computer Vision, Algorithms, Signal and Image Processing, Robotics, Communication, Networks, Wireless Sensor Networks, IoT, Cyber Physical Systems, Mobile Computing, Grid Computing, Information Security, Soft Computing, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Database/WEB/Multimedia Technologies, Distributed Computing, Analytics, etc.
- Management: Operations, Marketing, Finance, Information Systems Management, Human Resource Management/Organization Behavior, Business Economics, e-Governance, Environment Management, Technology Management, Management of Informal Sector, Project Management, Entrepreneurship, International Business, System Dynamics, Business Analytics, etc.
- Applied Sciences: Physics/Applied Physics/Material Science/ Nanotechnology/ Computational Physics/Nano Electronics/Nano electronics/Opto electronics/Device Modelling/Engineering Physics/Electronics/ Applied Mathematics / Operations Research/ Engineering Mathematics / Reliability / Applied Statistics / Soft Computing Applications / Optimization / Cryptography /Modelling and Simulation / Mathematical Biology, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for IIITM Gwalior PhD Admission 2022-23
The general eligibility criteria (pertaining to all the disciplines) for Full-Time admission to the Ph.D. programme are as follows:
Candidate must have a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Management (with engineering background)/Applied Sciences (Physics, Mathematics, Electronics, Industrial Mathematics) or any other equivalent qualification recognized by the institute with a minimum of 65% marks or CGPA of 7.00 on a 10 point scale in qualifying degree. Additionally, the candidates must have qualified the GATE/NET examination. The candidates having high rank in National Level Fellowship examinations such as CAT or equivalent are also eligible to apply. The requirement for GATE can be exempted for the candidates having both the Master’s degree and B.Tech from Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) with CPI 8.0 or above at B.Tech level. Exceptionally good candidates having the bachelor’s degree from CFTI with CPI 8.0 or above may also be considered for the Ph.D. admission. In addition to the above mentioned criteria, the candidates should also fulfill the discipline specific criteria given below:
- For Engineering: Candidates must have a M.Tech/ M.S./ M.E. or equivalent degree in CSE (Computer Science and Engineering)/IT (Information Technology) /ECE (Electronics and Communication Engineering)/EEE (Electrical & Electronics Engineering) with first division at undergraduate (B.E./B.Tech) level.
- For Management: Candidates must have Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Management (with engineering background) with first division at undergraduate (B.E./B.Tech)level.
- For Applied Sciences: Candidates must have Master’s degree in Physics/ Mathematics /or branch related to Physics/Mathematics with first division at undergraduate level.
For Sponsored Project Employee
Any employee working under the sponsored project at ABV-IIITM Gwalior may also apply for the Ph.D. programme under the supervision of corresponding project investigator(s)subjected to the availability of funding for approximately two years after the date of selection. The candidate(s) fulfilling the eligibility criteria for Ph.D. admission and recommended by the concerned PI can apply for the Ph.D. programme at any time, the selection will be done by a committee duly constituted by competent authority. The selected candidate(s)will not get any financial support from the institute during the entire Ph.D. programme. In case of the project completion, the candidate may continue his/her research work under the same supervisor. However, the supervisor may support the candidate from other project funding or candidate may continue the programme as self-sponsored or request to convert his/her Ph.D. form full time to part time programme.
In all the above cases, the reservation and relaxation for reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PwD/EWS) will be given as per GoI norms.
Eligibility Criteria for Part-Time PhD Programme
- Institute invites applications from professionals working in Industries/Academic Institutions/Research and Development (R&D) Section for admission to Part-Time Ph.D. programme in the areas specified below. Candidates working in emerging industry related research in connection to the research areas mentioned below are encouraged to apply. The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to Part-Time Ph.D. programme are as follows:
- Candidate must have a Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Management (with engineering background)/Applied Sciences with a minimum of 65% marks or CGPA of 7.00 on a 10 point scale in qualifying degree.
- The applicants must have a minimum of two (02) years of experience in relevant area along with the discipline specific criteria. However, the minimum PG qualification would be relaxed to UG qualification (only for B.E/B.Tech background) for candidates having a minimum of five (05) years of experience in total from Industry/Academic Institutions/Research & Development (R&D). Moreover, while applying, the candidate has to take NOC from the current organization.
Guidelines for Applying for IIITM Gwalior PhD Admission 2022-23
- Candidates are required to fill the online application form available at the institute website: www.iiitm.ac.in. It is NOT REQUIRED to send the form by post. However, the candidate must bring self-attested copy of the original application form at the time of interview. Also bring two (02) recent passport size color photographs at the time of interview.
- Application fee of Rs 500 (For GEN/OBC/EWS) and Rs 250 (for SC/ST/PwD) should be deposited through online payment gateway available at the home page of the institute website.
- Candidates must specify broad areas of research in the application form.
- Selection will be based on previous academic records and/or performance in the interview.
- List of shortlisted candidates for the interview will be posted on institute website. No separate intimation will be sent to the applicants.
- Mentioned qualification is indicative of eligibility criteria. The shortlisting criteria may be higher.
- The candidates are required to visit institute website regularly to know more about the updates, fee structure/faculty expertise, etc.
- Candidate must upload scanned copy of their academic credentials, score card (GATE/NET/CAT/ etc), category certificate (In case of OBC-NCL, certificate must be issued after 1stApril 2022), experience certificate, no-objection certificate (only for part-time students), and Ph.D. application fee receipt at the time of applying. Failing which the candidate’s application may be rejected. Moreover, the originals will be required at the time of interview.
- Note –In case of any confusion, applicants are required to refer the ordinance available at http://www.iiitm.ac.in/images/2022/Revised-PHD-ordinance-Jul-2022.pdf
Fellowship & Accommodation for Full-Time Candidates
- The selected candidates shall be entitled for fellowship (except institute project employee) as per GoI norms.
- The institute project employee will get assistantship from project funding subjected to the availability of the funding (see the eligibility criteria for more detail)
- This programme being residential and so, the Ph.D. scholars will be provided accommodation in hostels as per institute norms.Accommodations are also available for married candidates;however, such accommodations are limited in number.
General Rules for Part-Time Candidates
- The applicant should prove that his/her official duties permit the candidate to devote sufficient time for the research.
- Facilities for pursuing research work are available at the applicant’s place of work recognized for the chosen field of research.
- The candidate has to complete the course work assigned by the SRC members.
Official website:- https://www.iiitm.ac.in/index.php/en/