IISERTVM PhD Admission 2022 :- Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph. D. programme of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) in the Schools of Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences for the session starting from January 2022.
Important Dates and Application Fees for IISERTVM PhD Admission 2022
|Online application portal opened from||20-10-2022|
|Last date for receipt of online applications||08-11-2022|
|Biological Sciences||November-December 2022|
|Chemical Sciences||15-16 December 2022|
|Physical Sciences||01-02 December 2022|
|CAMRIE||01-02 December 2022|
|CHPC||28-30 November 2022|
|Mode of examination||See the School/centre wise selection procedure|
|Our Official Telegram Channel||Join Us|
|Our Official Facebook Page||Join Us|
|Our Official Twitter Account||Join Us|
Application Fee: Applicants belonging to GE/OBC and SC/ST/PH categories are required to make a payment of Rs.500/- and Rs.250/-, respectively
Research Areas Available for IISERTVM PhD Admission 2022
- Immune cell biology and autophagy
- Behavioral ecology and Plant-animal interactions
- Structural Molecular Biology
- Genome Stability
- Evolutionary ecology
- Stem cells and development
- Molecular Virology
- Mammalian cell division and signaling
- Neurodegenerative disease biology
- Infection and immunity
- Photophysics of Quantum dots/Plasmonic systems, Chiroptical nanostructures
- Photophysics of Organic/Bioorganic Systems, Physical Organic Chemistry
- Ultrafast Spectroscopy, Excited-State Structural Dynamics
- Electrocatalysis for Energy Conversion
- Theoretical Chemistry, Computational Materials Science
- Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
- Theoretical Chemistry and Soft matter Biological physics
- Coordination and Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Main Group Chemistry and Homogeneous Catalysis
- Materials Chemistry, Gas-separation, Electrochemical-Energy Storage
- Supramolecular Chemistry, Soft Matter, Biomaterials
- Supramolecular chemistry, DNA nanotechnology, cancer therapy
- Macrocyclic Chemistry, Near-IR Dyes, Pi-Conjugated Materials
- Host-Guest Chemistry, Molecular Switches and Machines
- Biomaterials, Drug Delivery, Biodegradation of Nanomaterials, Antimicrobial Coatings
- Biomolecular Electronics and Solid-state Nanofabricated Devices
- New Catalytic Strategies in Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Sustainable Organic Synthesis: Metal Catalysis, Photocatalysis and Metal-Free Reactions
- Development of Synthetic Methods for Organic Synthesis, Asymmetric Catalysis
- Asymmetric Catalysis and Cross-Coupling Reactions
- Asymmetric Total synthesis, Medicinal chemistry
- Analysis: Linear Algebra, Matrix Analysis, Harmonic Analysis, Sampling and reconstruction, Duality Principle, Complex Dynamics, Ergodic Theory, Analysis on Symbolic Spaces
- Applied Analysis: Stochastic Partial Differential Equations, Fluid Flow Problems
- Computational Mathematics: Hyperbolic Systems of Conservation Laws, Asymptotic Preserving Schemes, Genuinely Multidimensional Numerical Schemes, Nonlinear Waves and Shock waves, Cancer Research, Financial Engineering, Inverse Problems, Data Science and Machine Learning, Numerical Functional Analysis, Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing, Optimal Control of PDEs, Computational biology and high performance computing(HPC), Computational fluid dynamics, Analysis, Modelling and Simulation of Multiscale Problems.
- Experimental Physics
- (*)Development of Light Sheet Microscopy (LSM) or Selective Plane Illumination Microscopy (SPIM) imaging system; Development of photacoustic imaging (PAI) system, both microscopy and tomography
- (*)On-chip Nano Devices for Energy Storage and Conversion
- Terahertz Spectroscopy of Condensed Matter Systems
- Synaptic Memristor and Memtransistor Design
- Physics of semiconductor devices (solar cells, light emitting diodes, transistors, memory, bioelectronic) based on quantum/Organic/perovskite/2D materials
- (*)Semiconductor qubits, Quantum electrical sensing,
- (*)2D materials for thermoelectric transport studies and devices
- (*)Oxide memristors for next generation non-volatile memory for Neuromorphic Computing
- Hydrogen sensing and storage
- Advanced semiconductor devices for power / energy conversion
- Nonlinear optics, frequency combs, microwave photonics
- Optoelectronics of Conducting Oxides
- Theoretical Physics
- Nonlinear Dynamics: Emerging, Phenomena in Complex Networks, Delay effects
- Condensed Matter Theory: Machine Learning many body wavefunctions, Unconventional Superconductivity, Topological phases of matter
- Quantum information theory
Eligibility Criteria for IISERTVM PhD Admission 2022
(For school specific eligibility criteria see the tables below)
- 6.5 CGPA in 10-point scale (or first class equivalent) or first class Master’s program in relevant areas as declared by the respective University.
(BE/BTech degree in relevant areas is admissible for selected research areas in School of Physics, see : Research Areas)
- The candidate must have qualified at least one of the following examinations: CSIR-UGC, UGC-NET JRF or GATE or other national-level examinations as mentioned below, with validity as on 01 August 2022.
- BS-MS students from any of the IISERs/IITs/IISc with CGPA 8 or above on a 10-point scale are exempted from national level eligibility test related criteria.
|School||Relevant Areas||Eligibility Criteria|
|Biological Sciences||Biological Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences/Mathematics/ Bioinformatics/Agricultural Sciences/Veterinary Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).||(General Eligibility 1 AND General Eligibility 2)ORGeneral Eligibility 3ORDBT-JRF(Category I)*/ ICMR-JRF*/ GATE** (EY, XL, BT only) /JGEEBILS (GS-2022)*** are also eligible to apply.* Only candidates whose ranks make them eligible to avail Category 1 DBT-Junior Research Fellowships tenable at any university/institution in India. Fellowships restricted to join DBT or ICMR sponsored projects are not eligible.** GATE (EY) qualified candidates will be considered only for Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour. GATE (XL) or GATE (BT) qualified candidates will be considered only for Bioinformatics.*** Candidates may be further shortlisted by IISER TVM Ph. D. applications shortlisting committee based on the marks/score.|
|Chemical Sciences||Chemical Sciences||(General Eligibility 1 AND General Eligibility 2)ORGeneral Eligibility 3|
|Mathematical Sciences||Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering/ relevant area of science||(General Eligibility 1 AND General Eligibility 2)ORGeneral Eligibility 3|
|Physical Sciences||Physical Sciences/Material Science/ Engineering areas closely related to the research areas of School of Physics, IISER TVM||(General Eligibility 1 AND General Eligibility 2)ORGeneral Eligibility 3ORJEST 2022 (Physics)For the * marked research areas listed below BE/BTech candidates are eligible to apply.|
School/Centre Wise Selection Procedure for IISERTVM PhD Admission 2022
It is mandatory for all the candidates to submit a short “Statement of Purpose” of 300-400 words, based on a research area the candidate finds interesting. While applying online, please upload this proposal under the section “Statement of Purpose (SOP)”. Please note: the proposal does not need to be related to the research ongoing at the School of Biology, IISER TVM.
Short-listed candidates will have to appear for interviews conducted by IISER TVM in hybrid mode. There will be two rounds of interviews, conducted over a few days. In case of a high turnout of candidates, an entrance test may be conducted (based on Master’s level Biology questions for 70% marks and 12th level Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry questions-together 30%) on the first day of interviews. The final selection of candidates will solely be based on the performance during the interviews.
Marks-based shortlisting and Interview in Hybrid Mode.
During the application process, the candidates will be asked to enter one of the choices among 1) Theoretical or 2) Experimental. The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interviews conducted in hybrid mode.
During the application process, a candidate will be asked to select one or more choices of the research area for the centre based on her/his qualification. The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interviews which will be conducted in hybrid mode at IISER TVM.
During the application process, a candidate will be asked to select one or more choices of the research area for the centre based on her/his qualification. The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interviews which will be conducted in Hybrid mode at IISER TVM.
Instruction to apply for IISERTVM PhD Admission 2022
- Applicants should complete the online application form at the url: http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd
- Only applications complete in all respects would be considered. Do not forget to click the “Submit” button after completing your application.
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents online.
- Applicants should provide Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email addresses of two referees in the application form.
- Applicants belonging to GE/OBC and SC/ST/PH categories are required to make a payment of Rs. 500/- and Rs. 250/-, respectively, as a processing fee online at: https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgement email with a unique application number.
- Applicants are NOT required to post a hard copy of the application to IISER TVM.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact the Ph. D. coordinator by email at: [email protected]. Any other mode of communication will not be entertained.
- Mere fulfilment of the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be called for the interview.
- Relaxation for reserved categories to the eligibility criteria will be applicable as per Government of India rules.
iiser thiruvananthapuram phd admission 2022 last date
Application Fee IISER Thiruvananthapuram for PhD Admission
Applicants belonging to GE/OBC and SC/ST/PH categories are required to make a payment of Rs.500/- and Rs.250/-, respectively