IIT Kharagpur PhD Admission 2023-24: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, an Institute of National Importance, has released notification to PhD Admission for Autumn Semester 2023-24. Regular PhD candidates will receive Institute Research Assistantship.
Online applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. Programme [Regular with Institute Assistantship, Individual Fellowship (i.e. CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/INSPIRE etc.), Sponsored, and Working Professionals] of the Institute in all disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Science, Architecture & Regional Planning, Humanities & Social Sciences, Rural Development, Law, Management and Medicine. Admission of reserved-category candidates will be done as per Government of India notification.
List of Departments where PhD Admission available for Autumn Semester 2023-2024:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural and Food Engineering
- Architecture and Regional Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering
- Geology and Geophysics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Technology Development
- Centre for Educational Technology
- Centre for Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Science
- Centre for Theoretical Studies
- Centre for Computational and Data Sciences (CCDS)
- Cryogenic Engineering
- Rekhi Centre of Excellence for the Science of Happiness
- Deysarkar Centre for Excellence in Petroleum Engineering
- Materials Science
- Rubber Technology
- Rural Development
- P K Sinha Centre For Bioenergy and Renewables
- Centre of Excellence on Safety Engineering & Analytics (COE-SEA)
- Bio Science
- Energy Science and Engineering
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- G.S. Sanyal School of Telecommunication
- Nano Science and Technology
- Rajendra Mishra School of Engineering Entrepreneurship
- Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law
- Ranbir and Chitra Gupta School of Infrastructure Design and Management
- School of Medical Science and Technology
- School of Water Resources
- Subir Chowdhury School of Quality and Reliability
- Vinod Gupta School of Management
Eligibility Criteria: See in the Admission Brochure Available in official website.
Fellowships: The Institute Research Assistantship shall be awarded for a maximum period of 5 years.
At present the amounts are as follows:
Rs. 31,000/- pm for first 2 years
Rs. 35,000/- pm for next 3 years
The admission of a candidate to the PhD program is recommended by the Departmental Academic Committee (Post-Graduate and Research), abbreviated as DAC (PG&R), of the Department/Centre concerned on the basis of:
- Overall Academic Performance
- Written Test (Through offline mode), and
- Personal Interview (Through offline mode)
|Commencement of Online application form submission||March 01, 2023|
|Website closure for submission of online application form||March 31, 2023|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of completed application (for Ph.D through Project category only) at the Academic (PGS&R) Section||April 05, 2023|
|Written Test and Interview to be conducted in the respective Departments/Centres/Schools (for shortlisted candidates only)||May 02, 2023 to|
May 12, 2023
Application Fee: Applicants are required to apply through online only. Application fee (Non-refundable) is Rs.1000/- for Unreserved/OBC/EWS/Transgender candidates and Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates.
How to Apply:
STEP-I : Fill in the ONLINE application form Register with Your Email Id and Login. Fill in the appropriate data. Please note that you have to upload your testimonials wherever they are required to verify your credentials along with your digital photograph and signature.
STEP-II : Make PAYMENT and SUBMIT Application Payment of the application fee has to be made through online payment gateway only.
STEP-III : Take a PRINTOUT After final submission of your online application, you will be able to generate your online application printed with your specific details/data. This application printout may be retained with you for future requirement.
Please note that you NEED NOT SEND the hardcopy application by post. Your application will be considered on the basis of your final submission through online. You can check submission, short listing, selection and other application related status from Application Status menu. You should remember your login id and password for the same.
N.B. The candidates shortlisted for final interview will be informed through system generated email only.
Their names may be notified on the webpage. However, candidates can see their status on the web portal by login and can download the Written Test/Interview letter, if shortlisted.
For any queries related to Ph.D. admission, you can send an email to [email protected] or contact
the respective departments.
Important links: Admission page: http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/phd-admission
Application Link: https://erp.iitkgp.ac.in/IITKGPApplications/index
|Our Official Telegram Channel||Join Us|
|Our Official Facebook Page||Join Us|
|Our Official Twitter Account||Join Us|
- Rabindranath Tagore University, Hojai Recruiting 45 Faculty Posts including 18 Assistant Professor
- 49 Direct Teaching Recruitment in IGDTUW, Delhi, India
- Junior Research Fellow in a SERB Project at IISER Mohali