JC Bose University of Science & Technology, YMCA Faridabad is a state university open admission application for PhD Admission 2022 in 163 seats 14 departments at its campus and 37 seats 8 departments in NITTTTER Chandigarh.
Important Dates for PhD Admission 2022
- Availability of Prospectus and online Application Form on University website: 26.08.2022 (Friday).
- Last date for submission of online Application forms duly filled in for admission at the University website: 12.09.2022 (Monday).
- Availability of the list of the candidates for entrance test and candidates exempted from entrance on university website: 16.09.2022 (Friday).
- Date & Time of Entrance Test: 22.09.2022 (Thursday), 11:00 A.M. -01:00 PM.
- Declaration of Results: 28.09.2022(Wednesday).
- Date of Interview & Counseling for:
(a) ICJCB fellowships 04.10.2022 (Tuesday)
(b) AICTE Doctoral fellowship & JRF 06.10.222 (Thursday)
(c) URS & others 07.10.2022(Friday)
- Display of list of selected candidates for Ph.D. admission: 10.10.2022 (Monday).
- Course fee submission by selected candidate: 11.10.2022 (Tuesday) to
- Date of Commencement of the Ph.D. course work classes: 17.10.2022 (Monday).
Consolidated list of regular Ph.D. seats for the Odd Session 2022-2023 offered at university campus
- Computer Engineering -14 Seats
- Computer Applications -06
- Civil Engineering -04
- Electrical Engineering -20
- Electronics Engineering -06
- Mechanical Engineering -30
- Mathematics -06
- Communication and Media Technology -04
- Physics -21
- Chemistry -11
- Environmental Sciences -03
- English -02
- Interdisciplinary – 18
Consolidated list of Ph.D. seats for the odd session 2021-2022 offered at NITTTR,
- Electrical Engg. – 5
- Electronics and Comm. Engg. – 5
- Computer Science & Engg. – 5
- Mechanical Engg. – 5
- Civil Engg. – 5
- Management – 5
- Physics (Applied Science) – 5
- Mathematics (Applied Science) – 2
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Admission 2022
- A candidate for admission to the course of Ph.D. program shall have master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale where ever grading system is followed or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved/recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statuary authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institution. The equivalence of the degree will be decided by the Board of Studies (BOS) in the University.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- The candidates who appeared in regular master’s level examination in the current session may also appear in the entrance test. But they must submit the proof of having passed the examination on the pre-designated date before admission to the Pre-Ph.D. course.
- The state reservation policy shall be followed in Ph.D. Admission.
- A candidate provisionally registered for Ph.D. shall be required to attend classes for one semester for a Pre-Ph.D. course.
For detailed information please visit official website of the University.