MNNIT Allahabad PhD Admission 2022-23:- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, Prayagraj an Institute for National Importance, has announced application notification for admission to PhD programme for spring semester 2022-23.
Important Dates for MNNIT Allahabad PhD Admission 2022-23
|Advertisement for Ph.D. admission||09.12.2022|
|Start of online application process||09.12.2022|
|Closing date for online application process||22.12.2022 up to 5.00 PM|
|Last date for receipt of the printed and signed application form||26.12.2022 up to 5.00PM|
|Publications of the list of shortlisted candidates||30.12.2022|
|Written examination and interview by all departments/cell*||05.01.2023 to 13.01.2023|
|Declaration of Ph.D. admission result||20.01.2023|
|Last date for seat acceptance and Submission of Institute fee by the selected candidates||23.01.2023|
|Physical registration start (for all selected candidates)||24.01.2023|
|Declaration of Ph.D. allotment results of waitlisted candidates (if any seat is left vacant)||25.01.2023|
|Last date for seat acceptance and Submission of Institute fee by the selected candidates||28.01.2023|
|Leftover physical Registration (for all selected candidates)||30.01.2023|
Application Fee for MNNIT Allahabad PhD Admission 2022-23
Application fee by SBI-MOPS (online digital payment gateway from SBI) – Rs.1200/- (Rs.600/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates).
Available Seats for Institute Stipendiary Full-Time Research Scholar
- Applied Mechanics Department -05
- Biotechnology Department – 01
- Chemical Engineering Department -04
- Civil Engineering Department -04
- Computer Science and Engineering Department -13
- Electrical Engineering Department -02
- Electronics and Communication Engineering Department – 13
- GIS Cell – 0
- Humanities and Social Sciences Department -01
- Mathematics Department -01
- Mechanical Engineering Department -11
- Physics Department -02
- School of Management Studies -0
- Total Number of Seats: 60
Admission Categories for MNNIT Allahabad PhD Admission 2022-23
Institute Stipendiary Full-Time Research Scholar (Category Code-11)
These scholars shall be eligible for financial assistance in the form of fellowship at the approved rates and guidelines as notified by MHRD from time to time. The fellowship shall be awarded to the students of this category on a Semester-to-Semester basis on the satisfactory academic performance of the scholar.
Sponsored Full-Time Research Scholar (Category Code-13)
Under this category those students who receive fellowship from other agencies such as UGC, CSIR, DST, AICTE, etc are covered. It also includes QIP candidates.
Faculty/Staff/Sponsored Project Fellow of MNNIT Allahabad: Part-Time Research Scholar (Category Code-14)
Under this category Faculty/Staff/Project Fellow of MNNIT Allahabad shall be admitted as part time research scholar. Project Fellows include those who are working in the various externally funded research projects undertaken by the Institute. Project fellows shall be registered under the PI (s)/Co-PIs in the same department where the Project has been sanctioned.
Sponsored Part-Time Research Scholar (Category Code-15)
Under this category, employees of Government/Semi-Government Organizations /R&D Organizations or government academic institutions shall be eligible. Further the employees of industry/academic institution of repute with minimum standing for 10 years shall also be eligible. Such candidates must fulfill the following conditions:
- The candidate must have a total work experience of at least 10 years with a minimum of 04 years continuous service with the present employer.
- The candidate must submit a No Objection Certificate from employer at the time of interview.
Candidates may also be admitted under this category under MoU signed between the Institute and other university/organization/institution/industry.
Eligibility Criteria for MNNIT Allahabad PhD Admission 2022-23
- The eligibility conditions given below shall be considered to be the absolute minimum. Departments shall reserve the right to prescribe any requirements over and above these, subject to the approval of the Chairperson Senate.
- The “specified minimum” marks/CPI (Cumulative Performance Index), referred to in subsequent sections shall imply a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or CPI of 6.5 at qualifying Examination. For SC/ST candidate’s eligibility in specified minimum marks/CPI shall be relaxed as per the Government of India norms. (Institute will not apply/accept any conversion formula from CPI to percentage or vice-versa. The grade/marks awarding system as appeared on the candidate’s award sheet shall be acceptable).
- For admission to course categories 11, 13 & 14 candidates must have successfully passed the GATE / NET examination.
- Reservation in the Programme shall be done as per the Government of India Rules.
Ph.D. in Engineering
First class Master Degree in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with marks not below 60% or CPI 6.5.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Master’s Degree in Science/Applied biological sciences/Computer Application or any appropriate discipline with a minimum 75% marks or CPI 8.0.
Ph.D. in Management, Humanities and Social Science
First class in Master’s degree in Management /Technology/ Engineering/ Economics/ Commerce/ Science/ Computer Applications/ Social Science/ Humanities with a minimum 60% marks or equivalent CPI 6.5.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum 75% marks or CPI 8.0.
Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) having minimum three years of professional experience as practicing Chartered Accountant with minimum 60% marks at both graduation level, as well as CA examination.
Ph.D. in Sciences
First class in Master’s degree in relevant discipline of science and mathematics with a minimum 60% Marks or CPI 6.5.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with marks not below 75% or CPI 8.0.
Ph.D. in Geographic Information System (GIS) Cell
Applicant with M.Tech. or equivalent degree in GIS & Remote Sensing or equivalent discipline/Civil Engineering/ Computer Science and Engineering/Electronics/Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/Information Technology/Agriculture Engineering/Mining Engineering; with minimum marks 60% or CPI 6.5.
Applicant with M.Sc. or equivalent degree in GIS & Remote Sensing/Applied Geology/ Geophysics/Geography/ Environmental Science/Computer Science/Mathematics or degree in Master of Computer Application with minimum marks 75% or CPI 8.0.
Applicant with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0 (Candidates meeting abovementioned eligibility criteria must have Mathematics as subject up to 10+2 level)
Note: • For foreign students, valid GRE will be applicable in place of NET/GATE qualification.
How to Apply for MNNIT Allahabad PhD Admission 2022-23
Applicants are required to submit their application through on-line application system using the portal https://academics.mnnit.ac.in/admission2022 only. “No other means of application shall be acceptable”.
There are two steps in online application procedure
Step–1 REGISTER BY FILLING YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS
Step–2 ONLINE FILLING OF APPLICATION FORM AND ONLINE PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES
Take print out the form, paste same photograph which was uploaded, attach all required documents and send it to the respective department
|Our Official Telegram Channel||Join Us|
|Our Official Facebook Page||Join Us|
|Our Official Twitter Account||Join Us|
Official Website – http://www.mnnit.ac.in/#close