Get Alert On →
NIT Calicut PhD Admission 2022 Notification, Eligibility, Application form
NIT Calicut PhD Admission 2022 : National Institute of Technology Calicut (an Institution of National Importance) is one of the premier National institutions for technical education in India. This was originally established in September 1961 as “Calicut Regional Engineering College (CREC)”, jointly by the Government of India and the Government of Kerala, has released notification for application to PhD admission in winter session 2022-23.
Important dates for NIT Calicut PhD Admission 2022
|Activation of the website for submission of online application||10th October 2022 (9.00AM)|
|Last date for submission of completed application form through on-line||10th November 2022 (9.00PM)|
|Publishing the list of short listed candidates for the selection process, in the website||25th November 2022 (Tentative)|
|Selection process for short listed candidates (Offline Mode)||7th–9th December 2022 (Tentative)|
Application Fees for NIT Calicut PhD Admission 2022
Application fee details are as follows: Rs. 1,000/- for OPEN/EWS/OBC/PwD candidates and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST candidates. APPLICATION FEE IS NON- REFUNDABLE.
|Our Official Telegram Channel||Join Us|
|Our Official Facebook Page||Join Us|
|Our Official Twitter Account||Join Us|
List of department where available PhD Programme
- Architecture and Planning AR
- Chemical Engineering CH
- Chemistry CY
- Civil Engineering CE
- Computer Science and Engineering CS
- Electrical Engineering EE
- Electronics and Communication Engineering EC
- Mathematics MA
- Mechanical Engineering ME
- Physics PH
- Biotechnology BT
- Management Studies MS
- Materials Science and Engineering MT
Scheme/ Mode of Admission for NIT Calicut PhD Admission 2022
Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. programmes (Winter Semester) 2022-2023 in the following schemes:
Scheme I: Full-time registration with Institute Fellowship or other Govt. Fellowships like CSIR-UGC JRF/KSCSTE/INSPIRE/QIP/Visvesvaraya scheme etc.
Scheme II: Full-time registration under the Self-Sponsored category
Scheme III: Full-time registration for candidates sponsored from Industry or other organizations including Educational Institutions
Scheme IV: Internal Registration for regular staff employed at NITC/ Research staff employed in funded projects at NITC
Scheme V: External (Part-time) Registration for candidates from Industry or other organizations including Educational Institutions
Eligibility & Academic Requirements for NIT Calicut PhD Admission 2022
The candidates applying for admission to Ph.D. Programmes in Engineering departments at NITC must have passed M.E./M. Tech. Degree in the appropriate branch of study with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.0/10)[For SC/ST/PWD candidates, the minimum mark is 55% (CGPA 5.5/10)]. Candidates are also required to have passed B.E./B. Tech. Degree in an appropriate branch with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.0/10)in the qualifying examination. [For SC/ST/PWD candidates the minimum percentage of marks is 55% (CGPA 5.5/10)]. Candidates who secured B. Tech./BE degree under lateral entry should have passed the three-year diploma in engineering with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.0/10) [For SC/ST/PWD candidates 55% marks (CGPA 5.5/10)]. Holders of AMIE (approved by AICTE) / other nationally approved programmes equivalent to B. Tech / B.E. in an appropriate area of study, may also be considered eligible.
An additional criterion of GATE score (obtained at some point of time in the past) in the respective disciplines or fellowships such as JRF/UGC/NET/CSIR/KSCSTE etc. or qualification in any other national level tests as specified by the GoI order* is also mandatory to apply for admission under scheme I.
The additional mandatory criterion mentioned above is not applicable for candidates applying
under schemes II to V.
For those who are qualified to receive fellowships from external agencies, the amount of fellowship shall be as per the norms of the Funding agency.
How to Apply for NIT Calicut PhD Admission 2022
a. Apply online using the following link: https://dss.nitc.ac.in/mtechApp/phD/frmLogin.aspx
b. Register with your e-mail id and mobile number for creating a login in the online portal.
c. Before login, keep the soft copy of the following documents ready with you.
- Degree certificates and consolidated mark list (If consolidated mark list is not available semester wise/ year wise mark lists combined in a single pdf file) (Maximum of 800 kB) OR A certificate from the Head of the Institution stating that he/she has appeared/appearing for the final semester examination (for candidates who are appearing for their final examination and are awaiting results)
- Recent Photograph (Maximum of 120 kB)
- Online fee payment receipt
- Aadhaar Card
- First page of the research publications in Journals and Conferences
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST category, Community Certificate from a competent authority (not below the rank of Tahsildar).
- Certificate from the Medical Board of Govt. Medical Colleges/Dist. Head Quarters Hospitals, in the case of Physically Handicapped candidates.
- Proof of National Level Eligibility Tests/Fellowships (GATE/ UGC/ CSIR/ NBHM/NET/ JEST/KSCSTE etc.) for candidates applying under Scheme I
- For OBC-NCL category candidates applying under Scheme I, Community Certificate, from a competent authority (not below the rank of Tahsildar) indicating the status regarding Creamy Layer based on financial year ending March 31, 2022 (should have been issued on or after 1st April, 2022).
- Certificate for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) for candidates applying under Scheme I, if applicable, issued by the competent authority (not below the rank of Tahsildar) indicating the financial status for the financial year ending March 31, 2022 (should have been issued on or after 1st April, 2022). For candidates applying under scheme III, a Sponsorship certificate, signed by the Head/Competent authority of the Institution/organization/Company has to be uploaded in the prescribed format.
- For candidates applying under scheme IV, a No Objection Certificate from the Head of the department/school has to be uploaded.
- For candidates applying under scheme V, a No objection-cum-Experience certificate signed by the Head/Competent authority of the Institution/organization/Company has to be uploaded, along with the application.
d. Candidates who wish to apply to multiple departments or schools (subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria) should select each such department/school and pay the application fee separately considering the total no. of such departments (eg:- if a candidate under OPEN category wishes to apply to both CSE & ECE departments, he/she has to pay Rs.1000/- for each department). However, candidates applying for multiple schemes under one department need to pay the application fee for that department only (Payment details and copy of the same fee payment receipt may be uploaded again).
e. Application fee has to be made through State Bank Collect (online) by following link
https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm?corpID=365553 using Net Banking/Credit Card/SBI Challan (by cash) by choosing the payment category as Ph.D. APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT WINTER SEMESTER 2022-2023. After successful completion of the fee payment, save the fee payment receipt for uploading in the application form. Application fee details are as follows: Rs. 1,000/- for OPEN/EWS/OBC/PwD candidates and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST candidates. APPLICATION FEE IS NON- REFUNDABLE.
- The formats of all required certificates are available in our website.
- The list of short listed candidates for the selection process of the admission to the Ph.D. Programme will be available in our website in due course. No separate call letter for the selection process will be dispatched.
Official Website- http://www.nitc.ac.in/