NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission:- Applications are invited for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programme starting in January, 2023 (Spring Semester 2023) under Full Time and Sponsored (Part-Time) categories.
Important Date for Admission to PhD Programme in NIT Meghalaya
|Availability of online application form in the Institute Website||04-11-22|
|Last date of filling online application (up to 5:00 PM)||22-11-22|
|Notification of Shortlisted Candidates for Ph.D Programme||02-12-22|
|Written Test and/or Interview||12th -15th December 22(Tentatively)|
|Display of Selected Candidates||16-12-22|
Note: If any of the above specified dates is declared as holidays, consequently the next working day is considered as last date.
For queries, you can contact below
Email – [email protected]
Application Fee for NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission
Candidates are advised to make the application fee payment as per category (Rs. 1000/ for Gen/OBC, Rs. 500/- for SC/ST and no fee for PWD).
Department wise Research Area of Specialization for NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission
The disciplines and areas in which the Programme will be offered (but not limited to) are as follows:
|Department||Areas (For Full Time)||Areas (For Sponsored Part Time)|
|1. Structural Engineering|
2. Transportation Engineering
3. Geo-environmental engineering
|Structural EngineeringTransportation Engineering,Geo-Environmental engineeringWastewater Treatment, Heavy metal removal from the ground water and wastewater and Solid waste Management|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|IoTArtificial IntelligenceMachine Learning,Biomedical Signal Processing||Cloud SecurityMachine LearningIoTData MiningArtificial Intelligence|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Antenna & Microwave EngineeringVLSI DesignSignal ProcessingIOTMEMS + VLSI||VLSI DesignSignal ProcessingIOT5G and 6G Wireless communicationMicroelectronics and VLSI DesignAntenna & Microwave Engineering|
|Microgrid operation and control, power converter topology for RES integrationPower SystemsInstrumentation & Signal Processing (Parameter estimation, Phase-Locking Techniques, Vibration and velocity measurement)Power System & Smart GridsAdvanced Power Converters, Control of PMSM Drives/EV Technology/FACTS Devices||Microgrid operation and control, power converter topology for RES integrationInstrumentation & Signal Processing (Parameter estimation, Phase-Locking Techniques, Vibration and velocity measurement)Power System & Smart Grid|
|Solar ThermalHeat & Mass Exchangers, etcNon-destructive TestingFatigue and FactureComposite Materials (Machine Design) Mechatronics and ControlRoboticsWind and Hydropower System and ControlAlternative FuelsSolar Thermal Concentric CollectorsCFD Analysis of Thermo-Fluidic Systems, etcManufacturing (Additive, Micro-Machining, Coating etc)||Non-destructive TestingFatigue and FactureComposite Materials (Machine Design)Experimental and Computational Fluid Dynamics analysis of Wind and Water Energy harvesting.|
|Condensed Matter Physics||NIL|
|Experimental Biophysical Chemistry (Protein Chemistry, Quantum Dots, Nanoparticles)Theoretical and Computational Chemistry||NIL|
|1. Functional Analysis|
2. Linear Algebra
3. Fluid Dynamics
Eligibility Criteria for Admission into Ph. D. Programme in NIT Meghalaya
For Full Time Scholars:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Science/ Technology/ Humanities and Social Sciences/ Management Sciences/ or Master’s degree in the allied subjects with consistently good academic record and a minimum of 60% and First Class (55% in case of Humanities and Social Sciences) marks or an equivalent CGPA and First Class in the Master’s degree. Candidates with B.E./ B. Tech. with an aggregate of 75% marks and First Class or equivalent CGPA and First Class with valid GATE score will also be eligible.
- Candidate’s age should not be more than 35 years. It can be relaxed for women, reserved category and PWD candidates as per applicable norms.
For Sponsored (Part Time) Scholars:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Science/ Technology/ Humanities and Social Sciences/ Management Sciences/ or Master’s degree in the allied subjects with consistently good academic record and a minimum of 60% and First Class (55% in case of Humanities and Social Sciences) marks or an equivalent CGPA and First Class in the Master’s degree. OR
- Candidates with B.E. / B. Tech. with an aggregate of 60% marks and First Class or equivalent CGPA and First Class are eligible. Relaxation for SC/ST & PH as per applicable norms.
- Employees from Industries and Research & Development (R&D) Organizations, Employees from Academic Institutes and Faculties of Senior Colleges (Junior college are not to be included), with minimum working experience of 5 years, after completion of UG (B.E/B.Tech), out of which 2 years should be from the current organization or Candidates with M.E/M.Tech/Master’s degree in the relevant field must have minimum of 3 years working experience, out of which 2 years should be from the current organization, to apply for the Sponsored Ph.D. Programme. Candidates from Polytechnic Institutes or those with AMIE (or equivalent) must be an M. Tech graduate in order to apply for the said Programme.
- Candidate’s age should not be more than 58 years.
General Instructions and Information for NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission
- Relaxation for SC/ST/PWD Candidates for both Full Time and Sponsored (Part Time) as per applicable norms.
- The date for determining eligibility of candidates in every respect shall be considered as on the closing date, i.e., the last date of the submission of online application form.
- Depending upon the number of applications received, the Institute reserves the right to fix higher eligibility criteria for shortlisting of the candidates for selection process.
- Eligible candidates are required to appear for a written test and/or interview in respect of his/ her discipline to be conducted by the concerned Department. No TA/DA will be paid for attending test / interview.
- General/OBC candidates are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) and for SC/ST candidates, a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees five hundred only). PwD candidates are completely exempted from paying the application fee. The application fee is not refundable under any circumstances. Check step I for payment process.
- Candidates shall be governed as per PhD Regulations of NIT Meghalaya (refer below link). http://www.nitm.ac.in/nitmeghalaya/ckfinder/userfiles/files/PhD%20Regulation.pdf
- Fee structure will be updated under http://www.nitm.ac.in/p/fee
- The status regarding the selection of candidates for the admission to the Ph.D. Programme will be available at institute website (http://www.nitm.ac.in/). Selected candidates will be informed through email in respect of admission guidelines.
How to Apply for NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission
STEP-I: Candidates are advised to make the application fee payment as per category (Rs. 1000/ for Gen/OBC, Rs. 500/- for SC/ST and no fee for PWD).
STEP-II: Fill the online application form. After submission, print out of the online application form has to be sent by email along with all supporting documents.
STEP:-1: Instructions for Payment Process using State Bank Collect (SBI Collect):
- Click on “Make Payment using SBI Collect” below. Online SBI Collect
- A DISCLAIMER CLAUSE page will open. Check the box for I have read and accepted the terms and conditions stated above and click on the PROCEED button.
- From the drop down menu, State of Corporate/Institution, select Meghalaya.
- From the drop down menu, Type of Corporate/Institution, select Educational Institutions. Click on the GO button.
- From the drop down menu, Educational Institutions Name, select NIT MEGHALAYA FEE COLLECTION. Click on the SUBMIT button.
- A page for details of payment will open. Under Select Payment Category, select APPLICATION FEES.
- Please read the complete page carefully.
- A page to verify details and confirm this transaction will appear. Click on the CONFIRM button if your details are correct.
- You will be directed to payment page
- Complete the payment process by selecting the mode of payment that you wish
- Save Reference number and date of payment for filling the online Application.
STEP II: Submission online Application Form:
- Click on the online application form link,(Link)
- If a candidate is applying for more than one department or more than one category (full time or part time), the candidate must pay application fees separately and choose the desired departments/category in the online application form.
- Candidates are advised to check the application in all aspects before pressing the submit button. Once the application is submitted, it cannot be modified.
- Finally, save a copy of the generated online form for submitting as mentioned below.
- Incomplete application, application received without Payment Receipt or without the academic documents as stated below shall be summarily rejected without any explanation.
- The generated online form along with soft copy of the documents mentioned at pt 7 should be emailed to [email protected], subject of the mail should be “PhD application form of (Your Name), (Dept. applied) for (Full Time/Part Time )”.
- Please email your documents only from the email entered in the form. The document should be scanned (not a photo), properly oriented and arranged in the order given below:
- A recent photograph of the candidate is to be fixed on space provided in the application.
- Application fee receipt
- Proof of date of birth
- Educational qualifications, mark sheets and certificates in line with the filled online application form.
- Caste certificate (SC/ST/OBC) in standard format issued by the Competent Authority. OBC certificate should be latest.
- Sponsorship Certificate/No Objection Certificate from the employers (if employed) in the prescribed format;
- Form – III A – Format for Sponsorship Certificate (if organization is sponsoring for carrying out the candidate’s Ph.D Programme )
- Form – III B – Format for No-Objection Certificate from Employer (mandatory for Sponsored Part Time Ph.D candidates)
- Self attested copy (1st page) of all research publications in Journals and Conferences (if any).
- Disability certificate in standard format (in case of PWD candidates) issued by the Competent Authority.
Official Website – https://www.nitm.ac.in/
Admission Page link- https://nitm.ac.in/p/phd_admission2023
|Our Official Telegram Channel||Join Us|
|Our Official Facebook Page||Join Us|
|Our Official Twitter Account||Join Us|