Get Alert On →
NIT Mizoram PhD Admission 2022, Dates, Application, Eligibility
NIT Mizoram PhD Admission 2022: NIT Mizoram has extend last date to apply phd admission to 28 may 2022. Know more for eligibility, important dates etc.
NIT Mizoram PhD Admission 2022: Important Dates
Application through the online Application Portal to be filled and the supporting documents to be uploaded till – 28th May, 2022 up to 5:00 PM.
Display the list of provisionally Shortlisted Candidates – 3rd June, 2022
Test/Interview of the Shortlisted Candidates – 10th – 11th June, 2022.
Display of Final List of Selected Candidates – 14th June, 2022.
Online Payment of Fee and Online Registration for selected students – 16th June, 2022 to 19th June 2022.
Start of Semester – 1st August, 2022.
- Rs.200/-for General/OBC
- Rs.100/- for SC/ST);
- Transaction ID should be clearly mentioned in the Application Form.
- Name of Account: National Institute of Technology Mizoram
- SBI Account No.:33755447886
- FSC: SBIN0007059
- Women candidates are exempted from the payment of the Application Fees
Categories of PhD Programme
Full Time (Regular/Sponsored / Self Financed/Project-Staff)
- Regular: He/she receives assistantship from the Institute or fellowship from any recognized funding agency depending on GATE/NET (UGC/CSIR)/ other qualifications.
- Sponsored: He/she is sponsored by are cognized R&D Organization/Institute/Industry etc. for doing Research, but gets no fellowship from the Institute.
- Self-financed: He/she works full time for the Degree but gets no fellowship from the Institute.
- Project-Staff: He/ She gets fellowship from the Sponsored Project, works full time for the degree, and on completion of the project before the award of the degree, the category will be changed to Self-Financed.
He/she in this category works without fellowship from the Institute and should be employed. If Permanent Employee, he/she should provide NOC from the Employer.
Departments and Research Areas
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
Design and Manufacturing (Modelling and simulation of Additive Manufacturing, Welding mechanics, 3D printing, Biomaterials etc.)
Computer Science & Engineering
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine learning
- Data mining
- Information Retrieval
- Deep Learning
Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Nanoelectronics systems and devices
- Semiconductor Devices
- Optoelectronic devices
- TCAD Simulation & Modeling of Compound Semiconductor (III-N devices)
- Green nanotechnology, Solid state electronics
- radar communicative devices
- Bio-electronics Antennas
- Microwave Imaging
- MMIC, Wireless Communication
- THz Technology Microwave Communication
- Microwave Devices
- Image Processing
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Non-conventional Energy Integration and Control
- Smart Grid and Electric Vehicles
- Renewable Energy Integration and Control
- E-mobility, Power System
- High Voltage
- Magnetic Levitation System and Magnetic Bearing System
- Power Electronics & Machine Drives
Basic Science & Humanities & Social Sciences (BS & HSS)
- Non smooth Optimization
- Mathematical Programming
- Uncertain Optimization
- Fluid Dynamics / Applied Mathematics
- Development Economics
- Political Economy
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Literary fiction
- Contemporary literature
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Admission in NIT Mizoram
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. in Engineering
Masters Degree in the area of Engineering/Technology from a Recognized University/ Institute with minimum CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale or 60% of marks in the qualifying examinations. GATE score is compulsory for Full-Time Regular candidates.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CGPA of 7.5 or 70% of marks and with a valid GATE score.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D.in Science (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics)
Master’s degree in the area of Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum CGPA of 6.5 in 10point scale or 60% of marks in the qualifying examinations and qualify the NET/GATE. NET/GATE shall not be compulsory for Sponsored, Self-Financed, Project-Staff, and Part-Time categories. No Institute scholarship to be awarded for these types of students.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. in HSS (Economics/English)
Master’s degree in Economics/English from a recognized University/ Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.0 in 10point scale or 55 % marks in the qualifying examinations and qualify the NET.
*For SC/ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 0.5 CGPA or 5% of marks.
*from CGPA to percentage or vice-versa shall not be allowed.
How to Apply
Official website link – https://www.nitmz.ac.in/Default.aspx
Application link – https://nitmzadmission.mastersofterp.in/PHDLogin.aspx