NIT Puducherry PhD Admission 2022: National Institute of Technology Puducherry invites application from eligible candidates to PhD Admission in 40 vacant seats of 10 departments. ! Apply before 05 June 2022.
Important Dates & Fee
Complete application and fees payment before 05-June-2022, 05:00PM.
A non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PH) has to be paid through SBI Collect.
Categories of Admission
- Full time
- Regular full-time scholars with institute fellowship/JRF
- Sponsored candidates
- Self-financed (Indian / Foreign)
- Institute Project Staff (Internal)
- Part Time (On Campus)
- Part Time (External)
- Part Time (Internal)
NIT Puducherry PhD Admission 2022: Fellowship
The present fellowship emoluments/HTTRA for candidates admitted under Full time Institute fellowship category is Rs.31,000/- per month. However, those who are awarded UGC/CSIR/NBHM/NET/JEST may utilize the Doctoral Fellowships once admitted to the Ph.D. programme.
Available Departments and Research Areas
- Conducting Polymers
- Electrocatalysis and Energy Devices
- Green Chemistry (water medium, degradable ionic liquids)
- Coordination Chemistry
- NMR Spectroscopic Studies as well as Computational Studies
- Structural Engineering
- Hydraulic and Water Resource Engineering
- Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System
- Geo-technical Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
- Data Science, Data Mining
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine learning
- Data Analytics
- Geo-Spatial Data Analysis
- Computational Intelligence
- Soft Computing
- Information Security
- Social Network Analysis
- Internet of Things
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Control systems
- Electric Vehicles
- High Voltage Engineering System
- Renewable Energy
- Power Electronics and Converters
- Measurement system Design
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Wireless Communications and Wireless Networks
- VLSI and Signal Processing
- Analog and Mixed Signal Design
- Few Modes and Multicore Fibers
- Analog VLSI Design and Semiconductor Device Modelling
- Thermal Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Automobile Engineering (Vehicle Dynamics)
- Welding Engineering, Materials
- Engineering (Multi-functional materials
- Materials characterization
- Composite Materials)
- Computer Aided Design
- 3D Printing
- Additive Manufacturing
Humanities and Social Sciences
- English Language Teaching
- Literary Studies and Practices
- Translation Studies
- Comparative Literature
- Energy Economics
- Financial Economics
- Macro Economics
- Fuzzy Systems
- Mathematical Theory of Control
- Fractional Calculus
- Numerical Analysis
- Materials for Energy generation and storage
- Experimental condensed matter physics
- Nano porous materials
- Thin films
- CMR materials
- conducting Oxide
- Sports Training
- Physiology of exercise
- Health and fitness
Ph.D. in Engineering
Candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master’s degree by Research, M.S. (By Research) in Engineering/Technology disciplines with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (or) CGPA of 6.5/10 in UG or PG for admission under OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 for SC/ST candidates.
Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from CFTI with valid GATE Score with a minimum of 90% aggregate marks (or) CGPA of 9.5/10 in UG for admission under OC/OBC category and 85% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 9.0 for SC/ST candidates.
Ph.D. in Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry/English/Economics
Candidates having Master’s degree with First class in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry/English/Economics in the relevant discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in UG or PG for OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 for SC/ST candidates.
A valid UGC/CSIR/NET/GATE score is mandatory for Institute fellowship.
Candidates are required to submit their research proposal along with the application. The shortlisted candidates will be screened by written test and interview by the Departmental Selection Committee. The list of candidates recommended by the Departmental Selection Committee is sent to the Director for approval.
How to Apply
Steps to apply
Link to upload the application form: https://forms.gle/fDTc3kvSK5JKRQs86
- Pay fee through SBI Collect.
Note: Candidates applying for more than one department should submit separate application form for each department. However, a single registration fee is sufficient.
- Fill the application form very carefully and sign the declaration.
- Enclose the application fee paid receipt.
- Paste a recent passport size photograph and self-attest.
- Enclose necessary attachments
- Scan and upload the application form with all necessary enclosure it as FILE 1 in the upload link (File 1 size not exceeding 10 MB).
- Scan and Upload the fee payment receipt as File 2 (File 2 size not exceeding 1MB).
Fee payment Procedure
- Click the link SB Collect: https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
- Select State as “Puducherry”.
- Select institution as “Educational Institutions”.
- Select Educational Institutions as “National Institute of Technology Puducherry”
- Select Payment Category as “Academic Miscellaneous”.
- In Enrollment number, mention your mobile number.