Sriperumbudur, August 25, 2023: The Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD), an Institute of National Importance under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, has announced PhD admissions for the academic year 2023-24, offering both full-time and part-time options.
Vacant Seats: There are a total of 40 available seats.
PhD Entrance Test and Admission Procedure:
- Candidates without UGC JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) must take the Ph.D. entrance test conducted by RGNIYD on September 24, 2023.
- To be eligible for an interview, candidates must secure a minimum of 50% marks in the RGNIYD entrance test.
- There is a 5% relaxation in marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) categories.
- RGNIYD will determine the number of eligible candidates to be called for an interview based on the available Ph.D. seats.
- Selection criteria involve a 70% weightage for the entrance test and a 30% weightage for performance in the interview/viva-voce. Candidates may also be asked to submit a research proposal during the interview.
Fellowship Details (Non-JRF):
For full-time scholars (Non-JRF scholars), a monthly institute fellowship of Rs. 13,000/- and a contingency amount of Rs. 24,000/- per annum will be provided for a duration of three years.
- Online application starts on: August 18, 2023.
- Last date of application: September 11, 2023.
- Date of entrance test: September 24, 2023.
List of PhD Programmes with Vacant Seats:
- Applied Psychology – 03 seats
- Computer Science (AI & ML) – 04 seats
- Computer Science (Cyber Security) – 04 seats
- Computer Science (Data Science) – 04 seats
- Development Studies – 04 seats
- English – 04 seats
- Public Administration – 06 seats
- Social Work – 06 seats
- Sociology – 05 seats
Total Seats: 40
For detailed eligibility conditions, application instructions, and further information, candidates should refer to the Admission Notification available on the official website of the Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development.