VNIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23: VNIT Nagpur is an Institute of National Importance, has released notification application for admission to PhD programme.
VNIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23: Important Dates
|Date of notification||Thursday, 03.11.2022|
|Last date of accepting of application form in hardcopy (by speed post/hand delivery)||Wednesday, 23.11.2022|
|Last date of uploading Google form of application||Wednesday, 23.11.2022|
|Display of list of eligible candidates||Friday, 02.12.2022|
|Written test for eligible candidates||Monday, 12.12.2022|
|Interview for short listed candidates||12.12.2022 & 13.12.2022|
|Display of provisional list of selected candidates||Monday, 19.12.2022|
|Online Reporting and payment of fees||20.12.2022 to 28.12.2022|
|Joining & registration of courses (Offline)||28.12.2022 to 06.01.2023|
|Commencement of Classes||02.01.2023|
VNIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23: Application Fee
Candidate is required to pay application fee of Rs500/- (per application form) online through online payment portal of VNIT. (Link : https://pay.vnit.ac.in/home). After payment, candidate shall mention this VNIT Payment Ref. No in the application form & also attach the printed copy of receipt.
VNIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23: Fellowship
Post Graduate (M. Sc. or equivalent) Degree in engineering/ technology (M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch. or equivalent) OR Basic Science/Humanities with NET/GATE Qualification or Graduate Degree in Professional Course with NET/ GATE Qualification.
- Rs.31,000/- (1st & 2nd Year)
- Rs.35,000/- (3rd & 4th years)
VNIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23: List of departments opens PhD Programme
|5||Computer Science Engineering|
|6||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|7||Centre for VLSI & Nanotechnology|
|10||Metallurgical & Materials Engineering|
Ph.D. (Full Time) program offered by the Institute
- Non-sponsored candidates with Teaching Assistantship
- VNIT’s M.Tech. Students with Teaching Assistantship
- SRF / JRF / research staff of R&D projects sponsored to VNIT
- Sponsored candidates (place of research work VNIT only)DST Inspire/CSIR/UGC fellowship or equivalent
- Sponsored Candidate from 100% centrally funded research laboratories including public sector and private industries
VNIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23: Eligibility Criteria
For Post Graduate for VNIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23
- Post Graduate degree in Engineering/ Technology (M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent)
- GATE qualified
- Architecture and Planning
- Post Graduate Degree in Architecture and Planning (ME, M. Tech. M. Arch, M. Plan. or equivalent)
- GATE/ NET qualified
- Post Graduate Degree (M. Sc./M.A. or equivalent) in Basic Science/ Humanities
- NET/GATE/GPAT/DST Inspire/CSIR/UGC fellowship or equivalent
Guidelines for Admission of VNIT’s M.Tech. Students for Ph.D. Programme
- Student should have a minimum First Class at B.E./B.Tech. degree.
- At the time of M.Tech admission, it will be notified that maximum five students of M.Tech. will get opportunity for Ph.D. registration. This selection will be based on performance in the first two semesters (CGPA 8.5 and above) and student will have to give a presentation before a Departmental Committee. The selected candidate for this programme has to complete all the requirements according to the rules and regulations of the Institute’s M.Tech. Programme.
- Candidate recommended by Departmental Committee will be directly registered for Ph.D. after completing M.Tech. programme.
- The time lines and key milestones of this programme are aligned with the M.Tech and Ph.D. programmes currently offered.
- The interested candidates should apply by filling up the direct Ph.D admission form at the end of 2nd Semester indicating their interest to be considered for this programme.
- One audit course, Research Methodology and two additional courses (6 credits in addition to Research Methodology) as per the recommendation of RPC shall be completed by the candidate as a part of Ph.D. course work.
- Other rules and regulations will be applicable as per Ph.D. norms of Institute.
Candidates working as JRF/SRF
- Selection through the admission process
- Their Ph. D. registration will be under the supervision of same PI/Co-PI.
For Sponsored Candidate
- He /She should have minimum Five years’ experience in Industry.
- He/she should appear for written test & interview as per Institute’s norms.
- VNIT committee shall examine the research facilities in research laboratory in which the candidate is employed where the candidate wishes to carry out part of his Ph.D. research. In case the committee report is favorable and suitable co-supervision (as certified by the committee) is available in the candidate’s parent organization where the candidate proposes to carry out research, VNIT may exempt the stay requirement on campus on case to case basis.
- In any case minimum stay at VNIT is Six months for completion of course work and other related research work. If he/she fails to do so, he/she has to stay another six months at VNIT Nagpur to complete the course work. It is candidate’s responsibility to obtain deputation / leave from parent organization.
- Candidate admitted under this program will be treated as a sponsored candidate at VNIT (degree will be awarded by VNIT).
- Main Supervisor will be from VNIT and optional qualified Co-supervisor approved by VNIT will be from the candidate’s parent organization.
- All six monthly seminars should be delivered at VNIT only. Attendance record of the candidate will be maintained at VNIT. In this respect, it may be noted that the attendance in parent organization of candidate where he carries research, duly certified stating that the candidate has substantially (deemed to be full time) carried out research in the parent organization by Co-supervisor / immediate superior of the candidate, shall be submitted to VNIT before conducting six monthly seminar.
- As far as possible, co-guide shall also attend the six monthly progress seminar. However, co-guide shall be present for progress seminar and thesis defense viva-voce. No financial assistance will be permissible from VNIT for travel of co-guide.
- Institute will not provide any stipend or any other financial support (for conferences etc.) to these candidates.
- Fees to be paid at VNIT as per the norms & policy of the institute as applicable to full time sponsored candidate(s).
- Candidates should satisfy all degree requirements (including publications) as specified by VNIT for the award of Ph.D. degree.
- It is clarified that candidate from academic institute is not considered under this scheme, since such candidates have the opportunity for doing full time Ph.D. program through schemes like Quality Improvement Program (QIP) and Full Time Ph.D. with teaching assistantship and Ph.D. full time sponsored (place of research will be VNIT only)
- In case candidate fails to complete the course work within one year from the date of registration, his/her admission stands canceled automatically and no further extension will be granted.
VNIT Nagpur PhD Admission 2022-23: Admission Procedure
4.1 (a).The application form is available on institute website https://vnit.ac.in/admission.
Candidate is required to pay application fee of Rs 500/- (per application form) online through online payment portal of VNIT. (Link : https://pay.vnit.ac.in/home). After payment, candidate shall mention this VNIT Payment Ref. No in the application form & also attach the printed copy of receipt.
The duly filled application form, along with photo copies of the certificates (self-attested)
& photograph, and copy of payment receipt, should be sent by speed post or hand delivery.
The Deputy Registrar (Academic),
VNIT, South Ambazari Road,
Nagpur – 440010 (M.S.)
Candidates should mention on the Envelope: PhD- Name of Department.
Incomplete application and/or applications received after the last date are liable to be
4.1(b) In addition to the above process of physical form submission, candidate need to fill Google Form (Online), link for the same is displayed along with the Boucher. Candidate are requested to fill correct information in the Google Form as per the information given in the actual form submitted. Candidate take important Note that, if they are submitting PhD application for Multiple Branches then they need to fill different Google Form for different branches.
4.2 All candidates will be required to appear for the written test, which will be conducted in the respective departments on the date specified in the information brochure. Further, the candidates shortlisted on the basis of performance in the written test shall be interviewed.
Top most scorer of the written test will be normalized to 100 and marks of other candidates will be scaled accordingly. Then depending on the number of candidates to be called for the interview, Department can set a cut-off normalized score. However, normalized cut-off below 40% is not allowed. Candidates will appear for written test / interview at their own cost.
4.3. The interview of the short-listed candidates will be conducted in the concerned departments as per the schedule given in this brochure. The constitution of the interview committee will be as follows:
- HoD of the concerned department – Chairman
- Dean(R&C) / Dean (Acad)/ Professor from other department – Director’s Nominee
- All faculty members from the concerned department/ discipline who are recognized
Ph.D. supervisors– Members
(i) Candidate should have qualified GATE/NET score in the past. The GATE/NET score,
percentile GATE score as well as qualified mark should be stated.
(ii) Candidate should also score minimum 40% marks in Interview for selection.
(iii) Final list will be prepared based on following weightage.
Written Exam – 40%
GATE/NET Score – 40%
Interview – 20%
4.5 The provisional list of selected candidates will be displayed on Institute’s website and no separate intimation will be sent to the candidates. Selected candidates shall report to The Joint Registrar (Academic) for admission and payment of prescribed fees as per the schedule.
4.6 Candidate shall report to the concerned department for getting the Supervisor allotted. Candidate in consultation with the supervisor shall identify the area of research and prepare a synopsis. The supervisor will propose a Research Progress Committee, (RPC) for Ph.D. program. The RPC shall monitor the progress of Ph.D. work of the candidate.
4.7 RPC shall recommend the courses to be undertaken by a candidate as per norms.
|Our Official Telegram Channel||Join Us|
|Our Official Facebook Page||Join Us|
|Our Official Twitter Account||Join Us|